About the Blog

My blog post are of varied topics ranging from personal experiences, travel, wild life photographs, interesting news, of happenings around the world that catches my fancy. In other words i write about anything when i am in a mood to write

Friday, December 16, 2011

Why is it me always??


Recently I was talking with a friend who seems to be going through tough times and he was thinking out loud as to why all problems of life keeps cropping up with him and his family. This made me think about this universal question being asked by human beings across all religions whenever they are burdened with problems on a continuous basis during their life time. 

Life is not a bed of roses for every being in this universe, for some it is always patches of thorns. It churns out so many hurdles in one’s life and after each hurdle you clear there seems to be the next one looming which is much larger and complicated bringing the person experiencing it crashing down again and it is at this point of time that one questions themselves……. Why me? The bitterness of having to face never ending problems which seems to come only in your path and not in those of your friends or relatives is quite intense leading to stressful life.

 I know few persons in such situations who blame god for having bought so much misery in their lives but then god is not going to appear before you and wipe out all your misery. A quote by Jewish Rabbi Philip S Bernstein comes to my mind “We have no right to ask when sorrow comes, "Why did this happen to me?" unless we ask the same question for every joy that comes our way.”  How very true is this quote… we never ever say “why me” when good thing happens in one’s lives. 

If you analyze the challenges being meted out to a common man in present day scenario most findings would lead you to shortfall of money in the coffers. But then having money does not mean it is the end of problems in one’s life… for it could be in form of health contingencies, employment, bereavement or for the matter relationships. I do believe that one needs to have definite plans and solutions to counter the different problems being thrown up during the course of life and then surely he/she would lead a contented life in spite of continued challenges.

A couple of proverbs that I came across sometime back strike a chord………… “Not to have felt pain is not to have been human “and “He that can’t endure the bad will not live to see the good “. No wonder elders used to say that there are good times in the offing after some rough patches in life.

Having said all these I would be a hypocrite if I say that I have never questioned myself…why is it me?? I have done it in the past and the answer I got was that … it is because it is your life.  Does this make me unhappy.. no,  but it does make me think of the various ways of resolving the problem or the solution to the hurdle being faced. I have had a very eventful life and I have lived through lots of upheavals successfully till date and I have no regrets.
Life is a great reveler!!!!! Live it as it comes and enjoy each day of it !!!!

2 comments:

  1. Well said, but sometimes it is very difficult to be so mature about it.... :( at least I am terrible at being mature about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely true SR...i do confess that even i have asked that question at times !!!!

    ReplyDelete