About the Blog

My blog post are of varied topics ranging from personal experiences, travel, wild life photographs, interesting news, of happenings around the world that catches my fancy. In other words i write about anything when i am in a mood to write

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Get out of the Prison .....

Reaching a milestone in couple of months and I will be 60 years old and officially a senior citizen of India. I am really excited that I would have completed one cycle of life as per Vedic time system. In Hindu system, the years are named and there are 60 names, on completion on the 60th year, the New Year starts with the first name again and the cycle repeats. No wonder they say once you are 60 years old you are a child once again. Most countries the employment retirement age is 60 yrs but then not everyone in this world are lucky enough to enjoy the peaceful retired life doing the things that are dear to one.

I would surely love to get away from modern day rat race that has been part of my journey throughout my adult life but alas the family commitment does not allow me to call it quits even though my heart wants me quit it and pursue my love for nature and wildlife. I am taking a sabatical break from employment this month end and not sure what the future holds for me and if it does not work work out then it it is back to employment.  A quote by a 13th century mystic from Persia by name of Jalal Al Din Rumi comes to my thoughts and are quite apt in my present context

“Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open?”

Thinking retrospectively there are so many things that I could have done differently but then I have lived my life crawling through it and I have enjoyed it as it unfolded and there has been disappointments, illness, sadness, exhilaration and contentment . I would be dishonest in stating that I have had no regrets it life, there were regrets but then I have learned to overcome such thoughts and lead a comfortable life taking care of the family commitments.


Let us see if I will be able to get out of the prison as mentioned in the quote…. and yes the door is open and it is for me to step out. Wish me luck friends!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment